Hippity, Hoppity Easter’s on it’s way! I freaking love this cake! It was the easiest thing in the world to make. It’s just a cake baked in a bowl, turned upside down. Yep, that’s it.
Gather your supplies:
A small to medium Pyrex bowl
Ingredients for your favorite cake
Orange gel food coloring
Edible Easter grass
Offset spatula Continue reading
I’ve been wanting to post favorite family meals for a while. There just never seems to be enough time to squeeze in a photo. We are off to a hockey game tonight, so dinner came early. Finally, I had time to snap a picture. I couldn’t pass up posting this one, because we thought it was fabulous!
As with most of my meal planning, I scour Pinterest until something catches my eye. I knew I wanted to make turkey burgers, it was just a matter of finding the right recipe. Certainly, there is no shortage of turkey burger recipes out there, especially on Pinterest. I finally settled on a Chipotle Turkey Burger, topped with a fruit salsa. It did not disappoint!
Chipotle Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (add 1 can to food processor)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to liking
- Whole wheat hamburger buns
- Avocado, optional for topping
- Spinach, optional for topping
- In a medium bowl combine turkey, garlic, chipotle chiles, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Form into patties and grill over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Top with Adobo sauce, salsa, spinach, and avocado.
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, cover, and refigerate.
- 1 cup safflower oil mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (freeze leftover in individual portions)
- Combine all ingredients, cover, and set aside.
- I tripled the recipe for a family of five. There was plenty, plus enough for leftovers.
Adapted from Rachel Schultz
Jacks and Kate http://www.jacksandkate.com/
Yesterday, April 8th, was my husband’s 40th birthday. I snapped this picture at his birthday dinner. He was talking to Jacks, who was sitting right next to him. When he heard the camera, he didn’t move, he just looked my way. I think it might be one of my favorite pictures of him.